I hope you all appreciate this post, showing how I turned these rolling pins from a Yew branch.
The logs started here, all dry and with all the other branches and leaves removed.
I used a usual prong drive centre at one end to hold the wood to the head stock and a rotating morse centre with a morse taper at the other end. It’s a slow process but getting the wood into a long smooth shape is vital. Increasing the gears as you move on.
At this stage you can see area’s that I know really are going to make a focal point of the wood when finished. So I sanding this area with care.
I used a melamine lacquer to finish the wood, to seal it, and add a gloss finish.
I hope you like this reposted blog and hope you like the lamp shaded lights I’ve turned these into, when I post the update very soon.